Wednesday 12 August 2015

Lets talk Cleansers

Hello, hope you are doing great! Today I am going to chat about my favourite cleansers. I have three which I alternate throughout how my skin is looking and feeling. Also I like to change up my cleansers as I think my skin sometimes gets used to a cleanser too much, therefore then it won't work as well. I don't know if thats just me, or if its normal to have more than one cleanser. (If you want a post all about my skincare and all the different products I use, I would happily do that - comment below). These are the three cleansers that I use for different periods depending on how my skin is looking and feeling, therefore there is no top top cleanser, these just are my top three!




Firstly I will talk about my skin and the background of it... So I have quite sensitive skin, which is normal/combination. I get oily around my tee zone (forehead and nose). In the past when I was about 12/13 I used to have lots and lots of spots, I just to use all sorts of creams, lotions and potions! To make this a short story, I basically went to the doctors and they gave me a cream which helped them. But at the end of the day it was just my hormones and my teenage self, it's just life. I still get the odd pimple now, at certain times of the month it's a little bit worse, sorry if thats too tmi.

Biore cleanser - This is the cleanser that I reach for when my skin is looking a bit worse for wear. Basically whenever my skin develops a few spots and I have a bit of a breakout I go for this one. It cleans deep into the pores. It's a bit scary because it's a black cleanser, which has charcoal in. Also it has little beads which go right into the clean to give a deep cleanse. The reason I use this for when my skin is spotty and has a breakout because I want something that gets right in there and cleans deep into the skin to stop any spots from appearing and calm down the ones that are there. It's a great cleanser if you have blackheads or survire spots. It's available right in the drugstore, its about £5 so it's a really affordable product.
RRP: £4.99




Estee lauder perfectly clean - I use this when I fancy treating myself and giving myself a real nice luxury cleanse. This isn't the cheapest but it is the most expensive cleanser I've tried either, but it is a really really nice one. It's £22.50 and is available on Estee Lauder counters. I have been using this one for about half a year now, I firstly got a sample of it because I got the double wear foundation, and it was just a complementary sample. So me and my mum tried it and instantly fell in love. I would say its well worth the money, because it gives such a lovely luxurious feel. It has a gorgeous smell which is probably one of my favourite things about this product, I'm rubbish at describing smells - so go and smell it yourself! :). The only thing with this cleanser is it leaves a "squeeky clean" effect on the skin afterwards, I personally don't mind this at all. If you don't know what I mean, if you have tried the Clinique Facial Soap it's the same effect as that. This cleanser is for normal/combination skin so for me it's perfect because thats my skin type. Overall I love this cleanser and its beautiful.
RRP: £22.50




Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish - I love this product for mainly two reasons. The first reason is its very good for sensitive skin. The reason I say this is because I sometimes use it take my makeup off, the way I do this is by wetting my face then applying the product (about a pump and a half) and just massaging it into my skin, it removes the makeup amazingly! I use it on my eye makeup too, which is why I say it's good for sensitive skin, it removes my eye makeup very well too, I don't use waterproof mascara, however it removes my normal mascara very well. The second reason for loving this product is the fact it leaves my skin feeling very clean and lovely. When I just use it as a normal cleanser, it is just fab, it works very well at cleaning my skin and removing any grime and dirt that may have got on my skin throughout the day or night depending when I use the cleanser. I can see why it's called 'cleanse and polish' because it just does both of those things, it cleanses the skin and the polishes it afterwards and my skin always looks so much better after using this cleanser! It's available at Boots, Liz Earle counters and online at Liz Earle. I normally get it at Boots because I just love collecting my Boots advantage card points... how sad haha.
RRP: £14.00



So theres my top 3 cleansers that I love and that work for my skin. I hope this helped if you have the same skin type as me, or you've heard about one of these cleansers and you wanted a bit more information on them. So thank you so much for reading, please comment below if you would like me to write a post all about my skincare, and also any other posts you would like me to write! Also if you don't know, I have recently started up a youtube channel - it's just something I've been thinking about doing for a while and now I've actually done it. So go and check it out :) bit of love xxxxx














SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Helen Marie. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig