Friday 31 July 2015

July Favourites!

So it's that time of month... July favourites! I have never done a 'favourties' post before, but basically if you don't know what a favourties post is, it is pretty much me explaining and showing you all the different things I have been loving throughout the month. It could be anything from beauty to food to TV shows. However this month there are some makeup and skincare bits along with a TV show.

**GUYS I was going to write this as a normal post... obviously as there is all this writing! But then I made a youtube video on it. Which you can watch here. So I've now given you two options, so do which ever one you prefer!! :) **


Makeup:

Rimmel Kate Moss Nude Lipstick - shade 45. 
This month or late last month Kate Moss launched another collection to her 'Kate Moss lipsticks' these were the 'nudes'. I love the idea it's amazing and very well thought out. Basically there are 5 new lipstick shades and 5 new corresponding nail varnishes. The idea behind this is to find your perfect nude, so within these shades there are colours for warm tones, cool tones etc etc. However as much as I like this idea, and I like the way you are choosing a lipstick which is meant to be your perfect nude. I just picked a shade that I know I would wear and that I personally liked. The Kate Moss lipsticks are my favourite drugstore lipsticks, they are super creamy and really long lasting. I was so excited when I found out they had new colours. I haven't tried any of the nail varnishes, although they would be something I would love to check out!

Rimmel 60 seconds super shine nail varnish - clear
Another Rimmel product, Rimmel has done well this month with me! This is basically a clear nail polish I have been loving this month, the reason I love it so much is because it drys so fast, it says 60 seconds, it means 60 seconds. I have been wearing just this colour some days this month, it's just gives a bit of something on the nails. Otherwise I have been wearing it as a base coat and a top coat. 

MAC Omega Eyeshadow 
I discovered this shade a couple of months back. I orginally thought it would be a good brow shade, I have heard Tanya Burr talk about it as a good brow shades for blondes, and that it is. Also it is a great crease shade, I wear it every single day on my eyebrows and I wear it in my crease also. MAC eyeshadows are amazing, highly recommend. So blendable, amazing pigment and just flipping brilliant! 

Skincare:

Yes to Cucumber - sensitive skin face mask
It was about the middle of June when I went through a massive breakout (may have told you this in a post before) and my skin was just awful, I didn't know why I was breaking out so much, but I was. My friend is a makeup artist, and I told her about it and she said "have you used a face mask?" and I was like "uh, yeah of course, that was the first thing I did" and the conversation went on, she basically told me to use a calming face mask, so it doesn't bring out any more impurtities, and effect your skin anymore. She searched online and found me this one. OMG it is amazing, it sorted my skin out and my skin hasn't really broken out since, a few pimples here and there but nothing like before *touch wood*. I still use this mask now, everytime I use it, it leaves my skin feeling refreshed and clean. It's  a clay mask, you use it like you would any other face mask. It's amazing! 

No7 Beautiful Skin Pore Minimizing serum
This month I have discovered a new serum. If you have read my no7 skincare post, you will know I'm not one to be really into my skincare *slaps wrists* but I did need a new serum, because if I'm honest I have never really used one regiously. However, this one seeemed perfect for me because I always get massive pores, then my makeup never sits right, and my face just eats the makeup up. This serum has changed my makeup life, it really has. I apply it every morning before my moisturiser, it sinks into my skin within a few seconds, it doesn't feel like anything is on the skin, but you can tell it is because it makes such a difference! Within 2 weeks of using this my pore size has decreased, makeup is easier to apply, it acts as a primer as well as a serum.

Boots Smooth Care Hair removal cream
If you are looking for something that is easy to apply and easy to remove and does the job, then this is your new baby. I actually hate shaving my legs (ask my boyfriend, urgh haha) but yes it's something that bores me, and annoys me. So I recently saw this in my local Boots, and its basically a cream you apply in the shower (when the shower is off) you wait 5 minutes and then remove and all the hairs come off in the cream. It comes in a blue box with a spatular so it's easy to apply and remove. Tip - If you have waited 5 minutes, I always like to check the hairs are removing by testing a little patch on my leg.

The Body Shop Camomile silky Cleansing Oil
This is essentially an oil that removes your makeup. It's not harsh and doesn't leave an oil feeling on your skin. I have oily skin and it doesn't effect it at all. It's such a good oil and removes the makeup very good, it's the best removing oil jobby I've ever used.

Driclor Antiperspirant
Basically I don't have a sweat problem, everyone sweats even though you don't think it. I just like this stuff because it makes me feel more confident in myself. What you do with this is apply it at night, and wash it off in the morning you then carry on using your normal deodorant. I have used things like these in the past, and the difference between this one and the other ones I've used is the fact that you carry on using your normal deodorant. I would just feel weird if I didn't apply it, it's a very important step.

Thank you so much for reading or watching whatever you prefer!












SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Helen Marie. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig