Friday 18 March 2016

Gingerbread Muffins

****Be warned, eat something before reading this!****
Baking is my hobby, it relaxes me and you get something yummy out of it in the end. I have been exploring some more interesting recipes than just plain cup cakes. So I found some inspiration online, and had ago at these amazing gingerbread muffins! They are so yummy, and quite easy to make really... So I had to share them with you! 

Ingredients

125g Softened Butter (I use Stork) 
1/2 Cup Dark Brown Sugar
1 Tablespoon of Vanilla Extract
2 Eggs
1 Tablespoon of Ground Cinnamon
1 Teaspoon of Ginger
Pinch Of Salt
1/4 Cup of Milk (Semi Skimmed)
1 Cup of Self Raising Flour

Method

- Preheat Oven to 200 degreees and line 6 hole muffin cases in a large muffin tin with some paper cases. I used cute muffin cases that I found in B&M for like £1 for a pack.


- Place butter, brown sugar, vanilla extract and salt in a large bowl. Beat them until light and fluffy, should go a light brown colour.


- Add eggs, ginger and cinnamon (I wasn't too careful with the spices, but go on what you like. I quite like a strong flavour, so I added quite a bit). Then beat for about a minute.


- Then add your flour and milk and beat until all the ingredients are combined and it looks like a lovely mixture. I found it looked like my mixture didn't need milk when I did my muffins, however I added a little bit of milk in at a time and it turned out that the milk helped a lot.


- Spoon the mixture into the cases, make sure they are about 2/3 rd's full. Sprinkle some extra cinnamon and ginger on top, if you would like. (I did - haha)


- Bake in the Oven for 15 minutes until they are cooked through, risen and golden brown. Remove them from the oven and cool in cases on a wire rack.



I honestly am so impressed by the way these muffins came out, I really really am!! I hope you try this recipe out. Also, my family are impressed too. YUMMY! 






SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Helen Marie. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig