Monday 26 September 2016

Dublin: Day 1

Me and my friend decided to book a very spontaneous trip to Ireland! We booked it 1 week before, we went... So you can imagine I was very disorganised, and I packed the night before, which is very unlike me. Usually I have got all my things I want to take away with me packed away, so I have limited clothes choices in the mean time.


We only went for 3 days, but it was amazing. Totally recommend you going to Ireland, all the people are lovely, so helpful and Dublin is one gorgeous city. So I thought I would share some pictures and talk you through our days in Dublin.



On Sunday the 7th of August at 3:30am I was up and awake getting ready to leave the house at 4am to get to Birmingham airport to fly to Dublin! I really am not a morning person, but it's completely different when you are going away somewhere. I can scramble my way out of bed and put myself together. Our flight was at 8:10am. So we arrived at the airport at around 6:00am. Ready to check in, go through security and grab some food... Yes, it was 6:50 and I was in Burger King... (don't hate) haha. Makes me feel a bit sick thinking about that now.


After probably the worst flight of my life (not even joking) it was the worst 50 minutes ever. Normally I'm not too bad flying, I don't love it but I don't hate it. I'm just like, well if you wanna get places, you've gotta get on a plane and do it! But this flight, made me think 'do I wanna come home' haha. It was just so windy, and the plane was very shaky and just horrible. However, we landed, safe and sound. But I was shattered. We got a bus to the hotel, put our luggage in the luggage room and headed out to Dublin. In Dublin we were both craving a roast dinner, as it was Sunday. We went to a few pubs before finding one that actually served Sunday lunch. It was the weirdest place ever, but the food was lush.

After that we just looked round Dublin, decided what we wanted to discover whilst we were there (eg; which museums, found information about, times, blah blah blah). Then got the bus back, and checked into the hotel.

Later that evening, we decided to make some effort after wearing no makeup all day, leggings and my hair up. So we went into the bar, grabbed some drinks (FOOD AND DRINKS IN IRELAND IS EXPENSIVE) just a warning, I love a vodka lemon and lime, but I only had one because it was very expensive, compared to the UK anyway. The restaurant was very busy in the hotel, so not much food was on offer, so I went over the road to a fast food place, and got some cheesy chips. Yeah, it was a bad food day with the burger king for breakfast and those cheesy chips for dinner haha.






But I was happy when it was bed time, and I slept like a baby. Come back tomorrow, to hear about what we got up too on day two!!





SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Helen Marie. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig