Tuesday 16 June 2015

Bullring, Birmingham, Birthday!

So me and my best friend went shopping in Birmingham, Bullring for her birthday (11th June). Birmingham is about 1h30mins away from where we live, so it was good to get away and have some good shops for a change! We decided to do this a few months ago, basically an excuse to have a look around the shops and spend money unnecessarily. We had such a great day, we have been best friends for 15 years and not once have we been away shopping by ourselves, which is so mad! Anyway, I'm gunna show ya what I got..

Forever 21


Light blue sandal
 When I saw these I instantly fell in love, they are just perfect for summer and I just love the design. I always look for a new pair of sandals in the summer, I normally go for tan ones. However I have been into my pastels recently.  I wasn't too sure on the colour of these ones at first, I'm going to be honest. I did try and find some other colours, but it seemed they only had the blue ones. Which on hindsight I'm happy with. I could just picture myself wearing them with some cute summer dresses or white jeans and a flowery top! I'm very excited to wear these, I just think they are soooo cute!!
rrp: £21.00  
Toenails - Essie: Fiji 

Basic hair bobbles 
I was having a mooch around the hair/jewellery accessories and I spotted these. Which you are probably thinking why have I even included them in this post, they are just basic hair bobbles... and yes they are. The reason being.. is because I normally pick my hair bobbles in Primark for £1 and I thought when I spotted these ones in Forever 21 they would be at least £2 however I was pleasantly surprised because these were only 75p. Therefore I thought what a bargain and brought them straight away. 
rrp: £0.75

Victoria's secret

Push up pink bra
 Firstly Victoria's secret has/had a sale!!! Go check out the website or shop itself, they are so helpful in there and its like 50% off *jumping so happy*
When we were in Birmingham I didn't plan on going in Victoria's secret at all, but when we saw the SALE sign, we had to have a mooch. So I ended up picking this beauty out, I absolutely love the detail and the cute little pink bow at the front. It's unbelievably soft, and such a good quality bra! Highly recommend checking them out, I can't unfortunately tell you the style of this one, because I don't actually know :( sorry!
SALE rrp: was - £49.50 I paid - £24.50 
Nails: Rimmel - Urban Purple 


Boots
No7 - Beautifully Matte Foundation 
There was a few reasons why I wanted to get this foundation.. 
1) I really love my No7 skincare selection (check the blogpost out - first one I ever did http://helenmmx.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/no7-beautiful-skin.html). 
2) I have oily skin, which is very annoying in the summer, because it just seems to slide off my face. Therefore having a foundation tailored to that I thought seemed logical. 
3) I needed to get colour matched without wearing my fake tan, because I don't have a foundation atm for when I'm not fake tanned. Btw: I was calico (the lightest shade - haha) 
4) No7 vouchers are out in Boots, so when you spend £4 in store on anything, you receive a No7 voucher for £3 off makeup and £5 off skincare which is always a bonus.
I have been wearing this foundation for the last two days since I purchased it, I really like it so far, it goes on smoothly and the colour match is great for me - totally recommend getting colour matched! Also, I have noticed I don't need to powder as much too, which is always a good thing. If you have oily skin like me, I would recommend trying this foundation out :) 
rrp: £13.50
voucher applied: £10.50

Nip & Fab skin Serum 
I can't give too much of a review for this serum, because I feel I haven't used it enough to give an honest opinion. So far I have really been enjoying using it, before I got this serum, I never really used a serum (I know that's probably so bad - but I'm only young and I don't think too) don't hate me, haha. But this serum sinks into my skin beautifully, I use it before my moisturiser every morning and night. It claims to plump your skin up, which scares me slightly, however my skin does seem firmer and much more tonned. This one was on offer at Boots as well, me and my friend both picked this one up. 
rrp: £9.97
normally: £19.95

Biore deep cleanser
This was a recommendation to me by my friend that I went shopping with, she said her sister has been using it and it's made a real difference with her skin. My skin has decided to get a few blemishes recently, so I thought I would give this a whirl. Again, I can't give a great review as I haven't been using it for that long. But it's supposed to get rid of all the dirt and grime out of you skin and leave it feeling cleaner and cleansed. I do feel a difference when I put it on, it's one of those products that when you apply it you can feel something happening. You don't need too much of this as well, I normally have 1 pump and a half - very good value for money. This was also on offer at Boots, I believe it was 30% off. 
rrp: £3.49
normally: £4.99

Boots Skin Clear - daily face scrub
This was a repurchase of mine, I have got this many times before. It just works so well with my skin, and it's very good value for money. When I first tried this I got scared by the word "scrub" because my skin is still young and sensitive. But don't be put off by that word, it's the most creamy "scrub" I have ever used. My skin really is clearer when I use this, and like I said before I have been getting some blemishes recently, and I believe it was because I finished my old one of these up!! So I was a must repurchase product! 
On offer as well at Boots. 
rrp: £1.74
normally: £3.49

Boots tea tree & witch hazel face mask 
I purely picked this up because it was about 50p on offer at Boots and I thought I would give it a go. I have already used this. Some packet face masks they either put too much product in and then you have loads spare and you feel as if you have wasted it, or then don't put enough in and you can only do one side of your face! However with this one, it was the perfect amount for my face, and I've never had that before! My skin felt like it had a really good deep cleanse with this mask, it did feel tighter after using it as well. When I purchased this one I didn't realise it was a peel off mask, I just threw it in my basket. I'm not a big fan of peel off face masks, I'm not really sure why but I wish it wasn't a peel off one, that's my only personal complaint with this product.
rrp: £0.49
normally: £0.99

 Neutrogena - Hand and nail cream
I picked this hand and nail cream up because my soap and glory hand food had run out, however I have been using this for the past few days, and I love it! It makes my hands super soft, I suffer with dry hands practically all year round, which sucks. So I need a hand cream all the time, this one is great and would highly recommend. I probably will repurchase my soap and glory hand food again, just because I love it. But I would also repurchase this one again.. hmm, I can't decide which one I prefer!?!?!
rrp: £2.09
normally: £4.19

Extra & Randoms

Soap and Glory - whipped clean shower butter
Basically yano it was my best friends birthday, she gave me this.. because she is just the best. On her birthday, she gives ME something?!? whaaa, haha. Anyway, the story is she doesn't like this at all, I think it's the smell she doesn't like, which yano everyone to there own and all that. On the other hand, I absolutely love this, the scent it just amazing, if you have never smelt this, go and smell it!! I love the perception of a shower butter as well, I use it to shave my legs mainly. You can pick it up in Boots and supermarkets I guess.

Samples and fragrances we tried
Kiehls - midnight recovery treatment (haven't used yet) 
Tom Ford fragrance - sorry I don't know what one it is, they just passed it to me. Smells amazing though, I love love love it! Apologies for the cheeky lipstick on there too, haha. 
Jo Malone - Blackberry and Bay fragrance.. we weren't actually too sure on this one. Wanted to smell it because loads of other beauty bloggers rave about it. 

Chanel - Coco Mademosielle
I didn't actually get this fragrance when we went to Birmingham, I ordered it online at Boots. But I thought I would include it as it arrived literally the day before we went on our shopping adventure. I love this perfume, and I always think Chanel means treat yourself, it wasn't a cheap perfume, but it is very luxurious and beautiful. Like everyone else, I won't be able to explain the smell of this perfume.. but all I can say is it's amazing and I looooove it. 
rrp: £67.50 (50ml) 







SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Helen Marie. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig