Tuesday 9 June 2015

My new holy grail foundation from the Drugstore/highstreet - Review

You always find the unexpected when you aren't looking, right?
Well I was just looking around new bits in Boots, and there was a new foundation in the Rimmel stand (it's not new now - well I would say a few months) obviously when I got it, it was a new one out. It's the Rimmel London Lasting Finish Full Coverage Foundation. It was on offer when I got it, £4.99. I guess that was the introductory price, that was part of the reason I got it because it was cheap. Who doesn't love a bargain?!


Honestly I love this foundation, it's gorgeous and just suits my skin perfectly. I have oily skin, which makes foundation hard because they just move around my face and I feel like I need to powder so much, then my foundation looks cakey.. it's just a bloody nightmare to be quite honest! Anywho, with this foundation I don't need to powder as much, on some days I don't powder at all (when I'm wanting that dewy/glowy look - which is probably the only good thing about having naturally oily skin).

There are two different types of coverage with this Rimmel foundation. The one I got is the full coverage version. The other version is one I would be very willing to try! It's the Rimmel London Lasting Finish Nude Foundation, which is a medium coverage.


The difference?

 Rimmel London Lasting Finish Full Coverage Foundation - Is obviously full coverage, I would say it's quite build-able. I use one layer on my skin, then on areas that need more coverage, I add a bit more. The packaging is a red top.

 Rimmel London Lasting Finish Nude Foundation - I haven't tried this one, therefore I don't have any opinions on it. Only that I would love to try it it and it appeals to me. The packaging of this one is that it's got a white top. Therefore that's the difference between the full coverage and medium coverage.

Key points as to why I love this foundation so much..

  1. It's cheap, its amazing to have a good drugstore foundation because you don't have to spend £20+ on a foundation that is high-end. 
  2. It has a comfort serum in, which I believe is the reason that I love it so much. It goes on so smooth and blends in lovely to my skin.
  3. The foundation lasts all day on me! It does claim to last 25 hours, but I do think that is ridiculous. I have never worn a foundation for that length on time in my life. But it does last on me around 9 hours, that's about how long I wear my foundation/makeup. 
  4. It comes in a glass bottle - for some this is not good. However for me, it feels like an expensive foundation, but it's not. When it's in a glass bottle, it just looks nice and the packaging is good, I like the packaging. The reason others might think it's not good.. is because of travelling, you don't really want a glass bottle for travelling. 
  5. It has a pump!!!! Some of you might be thinking, and?? It has a pump, don't all foundations have a pump?! Unfortunately not, I have my M.A.C Studio Fix Fluid and Nars Sheer Glow which do not come with a pump, which is such a nightmare and a money making idea in my opinion. You can buy the pump separately, but when you spend £20+ for a foundation, you expect a pump, well I do. I will just leave you to imagine the mess I have with foundations without a pump.. 
I am in the shade "100 Ivory" which is the lightest in the full coverage foundation, and sometimes is a bit dark for me, but is perfect for when I fake tan and I can then bronze up my skin some more. However the medium coverage version there is a "light porcelain" shade. Not sure why both versions don't have the same shades, but yano! I would say that is the only down side to the foundation. It could do with some more shades. 

I would seriously give this foundation a go though, it's amazing and works perfectly for my skin. It doesn't break me out, and I think I've rambled on enough as to why I love this foundation, haha. I have already got myself a back up of this foundation, I just love it!


Available - Boots/Superdrug.
Price, rrp - £7.99
Full Coverage and Medium Coverage options. 





SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Helen Marie. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig