Monday 21 November 2016

Review: Rimmel Fresher Skin Foundation

I don't do many reviews and I'm not really too sure why. I feel like I'm really not very good at them because I like to try lots of new products, so I feel like I don't give a very true review. However, the ones in the past have done really well on here. I have reviewed a few fake tans in my time heres one and here is a foundation review.


Today, I am going to review the new foundation from Rimmel, one of the biggest drugstore brands. You know if you know me personally, or you have been reading for a while.. that I love Rimmel, their foundations are normally amazing. I'm a big fan of their lasting finish 25 hour foundation. However, I didn't get on the best with their newest release 'fresher skin' foundation. Rimmel used to do a pot foundation, which I believe was the 'true match' before it went into just the liquid formula. I really really liked that one, but sadly it was discontinued *insert sad face*. This is why I really wanted to try this foundation, to see if it lived up to my trustly old one.

Fresher skin claims to be 'breathable' to have a 'natural finish' and not to clog pores. I agree with the fact that it has a natural finish, so that means that its not really dewy and shiny and its not completely matte. It's basically somewhere in the middle with a natural skin like finish. I wouldn't say I noticed it to be breathable or not clog my pores, it just seemed like it didn't sit right on the skin.
RRP: £7.49



Cons on the foundation:

- I found that it didn't sit right on the skin, I tried lots of different primers, no primers at all, powdering and not powdering. It just didn't work, it almost felt like it was separating on the skin, and no one wants that.
- Oxidises. This is something I personally find that drugstore foundations do quite a lot on me. The colour just changes on my skin, it goes much more orangey and darker throughout the day.
- The smell, I cannot explain this smell apart from quite chemically and perfumed.

Pros on the foundation:

- The consistency, its very light and slightly air whipped (it reminds me of), so it doesn't feel like theres loads of foundation caked onto the skin.
- The colour range, there are quite a few different shades, but I do find Rimmel to be one of the better brands when it comes to colour range. I had the shade 100 ivory. However, it does oxidise on my skin.
- It has an SPF of 15 in, which is good because its very important to protect your skin from the sun.


Overview:

I would recommend this foundation, if you want a light coverage and want it to last a few hours. But it doesn't last too long on me, it just cracks up and separates. But I personally think there are much better foundations on the market, even in the drugstore. L'Oreal True match is a great medium coverage, something lighter, the No7 BB creams or Garnier BB's. Going back to the Rimmel 'fresher skin' I also am not a massive fan of the packaging. It comes in a pot, I just feel like I would be putting bacteria in the pot, with keep having to open it, getting air in the pot and then sticking my finger in. I think a pump is much better. Please do let me know if you really like this foundation, because I might just be using it completely wrong, or your skin type is different to mine (I have oily/normal skin). I don't want to offend Rimmel either, because it is a brand I honestly adore, and their products are some of my complete must haves!






SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Helen Marie. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig