Tuesday 29 November 2016

Ways To Relax

Its getting to a busy time of the year, some might say the busiest time. We are all hurrying around, trying not to think about Christmas, but then you want to be organised for Christmas.. so we are buying presents, getting worried and stressed about what to get your great aunts daughters friends cat for a present. I know its only November, but its only just over a month until the special days. We've got the coldness, the icy weather and all the horrible bits about this time of the year, which make you want to snooze that alarm clock a few too many times. I know, I get stressed over this time of the year because I can't wrap for shit, haha. So, I thought I would share some little things that make me less worried/stressed and some of these may or may not work for you, and I know some of them are very sad and just a bit weird, but they work for me.

ONE - Cosiness
I love getting home from work/school/college and lighting a candle, sitting in front of the fire with a lovely hot chocolate with all the trimmings and then climbing into new fresh bedding. I've actually got new bedding on my bed, and I cannot wait to climb in tonight! Besides the point, just making yourself cosy, run a bath, do a face mask, have something amazing for dinner. Just treat yourself, with the little things. It will make you so much more relaxed because you think you are so organised. Also, get a good nights sleep, try to really get your 8 hours, so the next day you won't be as stressed because you aren't going to be grumpy and moody in the morning.


TWO - Exercise
I know a 5 hour gym session isn't for everyone, and it certainly isn't for me either. But I have really been into running recently, I love going in the evening and in the morning. Especially the morning because it wakes my body up very naturally. Exercise is great for relaxing your mind because you are doing an activity which is very different to what you do on a day to day basis (unless you do work in a gym or something like that). Don't give me the whole "I've broken my knee, its cold, I would rather sit in and watch Eastenders" because as much as I want to know whats going down at the Queen Vic, we all need exercise. Even if its just a casual walk to the corner shop. It is all good and I believe that exercise outside is the best too because theres just all the fresh air. 

THREE - Reading
Reading is brilliant too, just like the above #2, It just gives your mind something else to think about. I love reading, I love getting so into a story, and imagining characters that you have created. Just take 30 minutes out of your day to chill, lay on the sofa and read a chapter or two. Get lost into a book, and really imagine things. This really does relax me, because my mind is somewhere else and all my worries go... for a little while. Obviously they come back, because thats life but to relax its amazing. I am currently reading Girl On The Train, (I can do book reviews - if thats something you would
like?!).




My last advice to you is, if something is really really bothering you, go and sort it out. Think to yourself, you have one life... is this thing really worth bothering about, is it effecting my life, if yes go and do what you can to sort it and try the tips above to help in the mean time. But a lot of things I stress over, really won't matter to me in a year, or even a week in some cases! Its just silly a lot of the time, and we will laugh over it a few days later.. But just try and get a hobby to relax with and take yourself out of the situation for a while, take some me time. 







SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Helen Marie. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig