Saturday 2 April 2016

March Favourites

March has been the best month so far, the first 2 weeks was probably the best 2 weeks of my life. I got myself a new car, picked it up on the 1st of March, (Volkswagen Polo) and I am in love with it. Then I got myself a new job, so now I am a fragrance consultant and I start at the start of April, I cannot wait! I have been very happy and things have been going into place in my life, I have also discovered some new products this month, and I have been reaching a lot for a very beautiful eyeshadow palette which I got for Christmas, so lets hope April is as good as March

Lancome Visionnaire Serum

Oh my, I cannot describe to you how amazing this stuff is, it really is heaven in a bottle. Very expensive, but so worth it. It retails for 30ml £60, but I always believe spending a bit more on skincare is worth it. I asked for a sample from the Lancome counter, I had a sample of the serum, day cream and then the night cream. I love all of them, and gradually will probably purchase them all. But I thought what do I really need in my skincare routine, and the answer was a serum. Before this I was either using the No7 minimising pore serum or the Estee Lauder Clear difference serum. Both of those I loved, but the No7 one had ran out and my Estee Lauder one was getting too used to my skin so I felt like it wasn't working as well. I probably will still use that one when I have a breakout and my skin gets a little bit spotty :(. But the Lancome one, is really good for minimising pores, reducing fine lines and creates a better skin texture, it just agrees with my skin and I highly recommend it.


Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water (combination and sensitive skin)

I picked this up on a little bit of a whim because I normally get the pink version of this one, but there wasn't any left, so I went with this green one. However, I think I prefer it, it just mattifies the skin and really does get rid of all my makeup. I either use this for just my eye makeup or as a first cleanse.



Soap & Glory Smooch Operator

I got this a while back, when I did an online order and when it arrived I was a bit disappointed because it says "smooch operator" on the lid, and I didn't really want a smooch operator that makes my lips bigger, I just wanted a balm. But this is honestly amazing, it tastes/smells amazing, its so thick and balmy, and I just love it, I apply it every morning when I'm doing my skincare, and then when I apply my lipstick my lips are just so soft.


Lancome Sourcils Gel and Zoeva Wing Liner Brush 

Another Lancome product, oooo I just love that brand at the minute. This is basically an eyebrow gel, one like the ABH Dip Brow Pomade which I have never tried just purely because it's not that easy to get in the UK. I have the shade Taupe, and I basically get my Zoeva Wing Liner brush which is insane for brows, and so easy. I just apply the product, outline my brows and then fill them in with little strokes, if its too harsh then I just brush my brows through with a spooly brush. I used to fill my brows with the Soap & Glory Brow Archery, but it kept drying out on me in the end, and this method is just so much easier I think.


Zoeva Cocoa Blend Palette 

Leave the best until last, I got this palette for Christmas and its amazing, the eyeshadows are such a good quality, lovely colours and so wearable. In March, I have gone quite neutral on the eye, just using the shade 'bitter start' all over the lid, with a bit of  'sweeter end' in the inner corner and half way on the lid. My favourite shades of the palette are 'sweeter end' and 'freshly toasted' they are gorgeous.

Hope you've had an amazing March, we are now in Spring, the clocks have sprung forward and I am currently tucking into an Easter Egg! Much love, and happy Easter/Spring!






SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Helen Marie. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig