Monday 20 February 2017

Review: Clinique Sonic Brush

This really is long awaited, but for one good reason only. I like to try skincare products for a good few months before actually giving a honest review. Purely because you might try it for the first time, and think 'oh my goodness my skin looks incredible!' which it may possibly do, but the product can get used to your skin. Or it might just not work out, and you've reviewed a product saying it's amazing where in actual fact its because you didn't test it and now you don't like it.

The Clinique Sonic Brush has actually stood the length of time I wanted. I did briefly mention it in a recent favourites. But I wanted to go through and give you all my thoughts in one blog post, just because it is an expensive product, it is an investment and there are quite a few different points I wanted to make.




How to use the Clinique Sonic Brush:

  • Apply cleanser the brush and circulate onto wet skin. The cleanser I have actually been using is the Garnier SkinActive Gel Cleansing Wash
  • Massage in a circular motion for 15 seconds on cheeks using the white bristles
  • Massage in an up and down motion for 15 seconds on the T-Zone using the green bristles
  • Rinse the skin with water to remove the foam and rinse the brush after each use
The way I have been using this brush is for the first week I used it for 30 seconds. Then after a week, I went up to a minute of using the brush. This is twice a day, once in the morning and once in the evening.




Reasons why I love it and recommend the product: 

  1. As I've mentioned the brush has different bristles. Some are white and some are green. The green bristles are more exfoliating bristles. So they should be used on the areas you want to exfoliate more (on your T-Zone). I think its great there are two different types of bristles because you have the option to exfoliate. 4 out of 7 days I just used the white bristles over all of my face. But the other 3 I do use the green bristles. I do this because I don't want to over exfoliate my skin, because my skin is quite sensitive. 
  2. This brush is super easy to use. 30 seconds or 1 minute of your morning/evening just to cleanse and clean your skin. It's not got loads of settings. Just press once for 30 seconds and press again  for another 30 seconds. 
  3. I cannot believe the battery life on this brush. I have only charged my brush once, yes, ONCE. I've had it since the start of December and we are now in February. It works just the same as when I first purchased it. 
  4. The most important reason for me, is that the product actually works. Every time I use it my skin looks and feels amazing. So smooth and soft. I used the brush on my boyfriend and even he said it loved the way his skin looked (this is a boy who literally uses zero skincare).
Downfalls on the product: 
  1. Before I purchased this product I read so many reviews, just because I didn't want to waste my pennies. A few reviews did say they thought their skin was amazing in the first month but after that they found it didn't work as well. I do slightly agree with this point, because my skin really was amazing when I first started using it. Now, it still is super smooth and soft. But my skin isn't as clear anymore, I don't know whether its because the brush has gotten used to my skin, or I've used different skincare lotions and potions or what. But I still am happy with the results, I just think that it's a point to bare in mind. Your skin isn't going to be perfect after using it for a while.
  2. The product is expensive, well its £79. I think I paid a little bit more, because I got it around christmas time. So they had different sets, and I got a free full size cleanser and some little bits thrown in. However I do think it is worth the money, there are a lot of cleansing brushes out there which are a lot more money.
  3. I really need to include this point, because you have to remember that your skin isn't going to clear up over night and be amazing. It takes time for the skin to clear. For me personally, it has helped my skin a lot, and I did feel like my skin looked amazing after the first use, and it was defiantly smoother and softer. But it's not a miracle worker, also everyone has different experiences with skincare, because everyone is different. 


Overall I am really happy with this product and I would recommend it to someone who is really struggling with their skin or just wants something which is going to thoroughly clean their skin. Well done Clinique, you've got me hooked!







SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Helen Marie. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig