Monday 13 July 2015

How to make your eyes appear larger

I am writing this post, for you peeps who want to know how to gain the illusion of bigger bolder eyes. There are a few tips I'm going to share with you, that I use on an every day basis to make my eyes pop. I do have to say, I'm not a beauty expert or a makeup artist. I purely write these posts as a hobby because I enjoy doing them. These tips I have learnt over the many years that I have been experimenting with makeup, also I have learnt these through reading books, magazines, blogs and purely trial and error.




1: Using an eyeshadow which is a very pale/light shade for example I use 'virgin - Urban Decay' a highstreet/drugstore option would might be in the 'Collection - eyes uncovered palette, shade - white chocolate' basically a very highlighty (is that a word, its got a red line underneath) colour. All I do is apply the tiniest bit of the light shade into the corner of my eye. This gives the illusion that they are bigger, because they are brighter in the corner which makes your eye stand out more.




2: Another tip is to use a white or even nude eyeliner in your water line. The ones I use are both from the drugstore/highstreet. For my white option I like to use the "Maybelline - line refine expression kajal soft kohl liner - 35 white" and for the nude days I use "Rimmel scandaleyes waterproof kohl kajal eyeliner - 005 nude" pretty much any white/nude eyeliner will do the job. I use the white liner on days where I really want my eyes to stand out and I'm going for a more bold look, usually on night outs or a special occasion. For when I want something more natural and every day like, I use the nude colour, I find the nude is more natural because it's closer to my skin tone. The reason why applying these colours to your water line brings out your eyes, is because it adds to the white of the eye and cancels out any redness inside the eyes.





3: Mascara, simply applying mascara will bring out your eyes and make them appear so much bigger. I had to include this, because if you are someone new into makeup or you just want something simple and not scary and you really want to make your eyes appear bigger, mascara is somewhere to start for you! Applying mascara to your lashes makes them appear longer, volumized and separated (depending on the mascara you have chosen). I have tried and tested out so many mascaras, it's crazy. But it is a very personal makeup item. A mascara I might think is great, you might think 'ekkkk no, that was awful' however, a mascara I love and would recommend trying is 'MaxFactor - masterpiece transform high impact volumising mascara' this mascara just is an all rounder for me, it does everything. MaxFactor mascaras I find are the best from the drugstore/highstreet, so if you really don't know where to start - I would start there!




4: Another cheat for your eyes and another eyeliner is a darker eyeliner, either black or brown - your choice! I prefer a black liner and the one I use is 'Rimmel - Exaggerate waterproof eye definer 261 noir' this one is just a basic pencil liner, which I apply to my lash line. This is scary and I was scared when I first tried it. But just go with it, just do it as slow as you wish. Also, if you prefer liquid liner, I would recommend applying this just as close to the lash line as possible. The idea of this liner is to create the illusion that your mascara is bolder and more together. I normally go for the kohl liner, just because I find it easier because I am awful at doing liquid liner. However a liquid liner I find the easiest to work with is the 'Soap and Glory - supercat liner. 




5: A tool that will help you, and that I now cannot live without! An eyelash curler. I use the 'No7 eyelash curler' it's just the best drugstore one I have found. However if you really want to splash out on one, the 'Shu Uemura eyelash curler' is very good too. For years I never invested in one, I thought they were pointless and just didn't do anything. It's only in the last year that I have realised that I actually can't live without one. I just apply it to my lashes and pump, it then creates a curl which makes applying mascara so much easier (and I find it lasts longer). Also, because you are bringing your eyelashes up, you are bringing your eyes out because the eyelashes are being brought up. I don't even know if that makes sense, but hopefully!! *fingers crossed* haha.


 

Nail varnish - Barry M Eat My Dust (speedy dry)


Thank you so much for reading, I hope this has helped some of you. I know this was a big thing when I was a teenager. I always wanted bigger eyes, because I believe they are such a beautiful feature. By all means, I'm not saying you need to do these things, every one is different for amazing reasons and you must never forget you are beautiful for your reasons :). It is just amazing how makeup brings out your features. Anyway, I'm going to stop rambling. Speak to you in the next post, seeeeeyaaa. 



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Helen Marie. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig