Friday 24 July 2015

Review: St. Tropez In the Shower Gradual Tan

I thought this was the perfect opportunity to write this post, it's raining outside and I'm all tucked up in bed in my pjs and a blanket. It feels more like winter than summer...




However, heres a product I've been using and testing out for you guys to tell you my views and explain how I got on. There are definitely some highs and lows with this product. It essentially is a GRADUAL tanner, so if you are reading this post hoping for an instant bronze tan, like your normal fake tan. This is not the one for you, this is just a gradual tan. So is perfect if you've just been on holiday and you want to keep your tan topped up or you are new to tanning and you want something that gives you a slight tanned look. Personally I do prefer using an instant fake tan, just because I'm impatient and I like to have a tan straight away (hense I'm awful at lying in the sun). You may be thinking, then why have you got this gradual tanner to try? Well it is just so different to anything I have ever seen before, I just wanted to see how it would work in the shower and mainly if it really did work. So heres how I got on...

How it works:

- After you've washed your body, turn the shower off
- Apply the product and wash your hands after application
- You then wait 3 minutes for the product to develop onto your skin 
- Then rinse off and pat dry with a towel 

Application: 

- The application of this product was very fast and efficient, it didn't take me long at all to slap it across my body. The packaging of the product is really quick and easy to use, you aren't standing there all day trying to open it, its good and simple. The product is clear so it was hard to see where I have applied the product and where I haven't, also was hard to see if I had applied it evenly. The smell wasn't the worst smell for essentially a fake tanner, I did quite like the smell funnily enough. I would say as well, be careful when you apply this product because it does get very slippy, it does state this on the actual bottle as well. 
- Once you apply the product, you then rinse your hands. This was also a challenge for me, because I had to turn the shower on and wash just my hands without getting the water on the product I just applied. This was easier for me because my shower is a bath at the same time, so I just turned the bath tap on, but if you didn't have a tap, it would be a very big challenge.
- But it was waiting the 3 minutes that was the problem for me, it doesn't seem a long time, but when you are freezing cold in a shower, trust me, it feels like a lifetime. Also, how do you know when the 3 minutes is up, I don't have a timmer or clock in my bathroom?! I found this very difficult to judge, all I could do was count to 180 (with mississippi's - haha). 





Did it work and is it worth the money?

Now this is most likely the main question that you are thinking in your head. The answer to the question is yes, yes it did work. My body had a slight gradual tan after using the product. The first time I used the product, no I couldn't see a difference. However after using it I would say 3 times, I could see a difference. So if you have already tried this product and you thought it was rubbish and didn't work at all. Apply it again, have another go! :) I would repurchase this product, because it does work and I do think it's worth the money. But I don't think that my current bottle will last me too long, I have used it around 6/7 times and my bottle is over half way empty now. I didn't think I really used that much when I was applying it, I am only small as well. So I don't know how long it will last for, I would say 2 weeks if you are using the product everyday (200ml bottle).

http://www.sttropeztan.co.uk/inshower-gradual-tan/
I hope this has helped you and thanks for reading!





SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Helen Marie. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig