Thursday 5 May 2016

Disappointing Products #1

If I'm completely honest with you, I rarely get any products that I am disappointed with because I like to research, read blog posts, reviews, watch videos, I think you get the idea... However, there are some products which some people love and I thought 'oh yes, I like the sound of that!' and then purchased it, and ended up hating it. So heres some of those products here...

L'Oreal Paris Color Riche Eyeshadows 
These are so stunning, and I used them probably once, and I was impressed they are very pigmented, easy to blend and this is the product that I would call 'buttery' yes, that blogger saying, I've done it. But they are so buttery, that they actually break and crack to the point where you can't really use them anymore. I firstly picked up the shade nude 206 and I used it and it cracked. I loved the pigmentation and the eyeshadow so much, I just thought it was a one off and I must of dropped it or it got crushed in my makeup bag. So I decided to try another shade, so I went for matte 107 (I hope these are the shade names) and literally the same thing happened again, it cracked, broke and just crumbled everywhere. Whilst taking these pictures, my hands are just full of crumbled eyeshadow. Which is just a shame because the eyeshadows I was impressed with, but the formula and how they last just aren't good, and I wouldn't recommend buying these.




Maybelline the Falsies Push Up Drama Mascara 
Theres a couple of reasons why I don't like this mascara; 1; the packaging just looks so cheap, and I just don't like the red and pink together. Also I thought there was two ends, but there actually is just the one. 2; The brush, it's a plastic brush (which I don't get on with normally anyway) but this just holds loads of product. 3; The way it makes my lashes, they just look ridiculous, all clumped together, literally into one lash. I like the other falsies mascara from Maybelline, and on a whole volume and that 'clumpy' lash look is what I love, but this was just too much and I didn't get on with it at all.




Models Own Eyelash Curler 
Out of all these products, I think this is the one which I hate the most. I have only ever tried this from Models Own, but I have heard great things about their nail varnishes. However, this eyelash curler, just isn't the one. I picked it up, because I had heard using an eyelash curler helps with the curl, keeps the lashes looking upright and beaut. This one, actually doesn't grip the lashes, looks really cheap and at one point some of my eyelashes came out. This is when I just threw it in a box and thought I will have to write a 'disappointing products post' so this eyelash curler is the reason this post is made.




No7 Beautiful Skin Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover 
This isn't the worst product, but I did find myself thinking 'is that it'. I just found it didn't really do much, I applied some product onto a cotton pad, and swept it over my eyes to remove my eye makeup. But it didn't really do anything, and it took quite a while to remove the makeup. I think this is because it is oil-free, and there is another version of this product, which looks more blue and is really good. So I would recommend using that instead of this. I do still use this product, just over my face to remove a bit of makeup as I don't really just want to throw it away.



Real-Techniques Bold Metals Brush - 301
This brush is for contour I believe. I purchased it when the bold metals collection came out, and I was just getting into contouring (I'm still not very good). But I just find this brush a bit too dense, and like the product doesn't blend very well. However, I do love Real-Techniques, they are my favourite brush brands and this is the only brush I haven't got on with. I will still keep it though, because of the gorgeous packaging (it just sits in with my brushes and looks pretty - lame).




I hope this post has helped you, if you are/were going to buy any of these products. Like I said at the start the majority of the products I buy I love and use on a daily basis, these are just a few of the products I haven't liked or got on with. Please do let me know in the comments if I am using any of these products wrong, or if you love any of these! Also, a tiny disclaimer... All of the brands in this post, I have nothing against them and I have loved pretty much everything else from them, apart from Models Own because I never have tried anything else from them. But I really want some of their nail polishes!!





SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Helen Marie. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig