Tuesday 12 July 2016

June Favourites 2016

Cannot believe that its now JULY!! Where on earth is the time going... anyway, heres some of the products I have been in love with this month.


Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Foundation - I have never owned a foundation from Chanel before, or any makeup item if I'm honest. However, Mademosielle is just my all time favourite scent. I will be writing a more in-depth review on this foundation, but if you want a very luxury product which is amazing, very light-weight but can be built up to a light/medium coverage, you will love this product as much as me. I would say I do prefer more heavy coverage foundations like Mac Studio Fix, but this foundation is perfect for summer, it lets the skin breathe and is a water based foundation, so you need to shake it before application. I use the shade B10, which is the palest shade, I will just bronze my skin up for when I do (hopefully) get a summer tan!


Estee Lauder Double Wear Concealer - I just want to say that I really don't like the foundation from this range, its way to full coverage and heavy for me, even though I just said I am more drawn to full coverage foundations, double wear just didn't agree with me, and every time I wore it I got breakouts *cry*. On the other hand, I adore this concealer, it has got a high coverage, but when worn with the Chanel foundation, its perfect because I just apply this were I need more coverage. I think this would be great for a day were you don't want much makeup on, and will skip foundation because this is a great product for coverage where you need it. (I am shade - 1C light cool)


Benefit Hoola - I'm sure I've mentioned this in a recent favourites, (I can't remember, sorry my bad). But I really love this bronzer, its got amazing pigmentation and just is the perfect bronzer shade, can be used on the high points of the face to give a natural bronze or is the right shade to use more in the contour of the face. Can't not mention the packaging, its super cute!!


Elizabeth Arden Lash Extending Mascara - In the summer days I prefer to have my lashes looking natural and separated, and this mascara is perfect for this. I use two coats, it gives amazing length and definition. Perfect for everyday and is just probably the best mascara I've found for separation.


NYX butter gloss - I have two versions of this product, one is 'INTENSE' and the other is just... normal!? I really like these because they just leave such a gorgeous gloss on the lips, which isn't sticky it just looks so pretty. I would say theres only one downfall with these and thats, that they don't really last too long. But at the end of the day, it's a lipgloss, they won't last for hours and hours. However, glosses are much easier to apply, so carrying it in your handbag and applying on the go works for me! Shades - Intense; chocolate crepe (90s deep shade) butter gloss normal; Peaches and cream, gorgeous pure summer pink. Love NYX shade names!









SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Helen Marie. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig