Monday 12 December 2016

5 Bases: I Always Go Back To

For me, foundation is the most important part of my makeup. Its the part that I feel like if I get it right, then the rest of my makeup follows. So I'm going to talk you through 5 foundation bases which are my absolute favourites! 


MAC Studio Fix Fluid 


Lets start with probably my most all time favourite. If I had to choose one foundation forever, it would be this one. This foundation just makes my skin look amazing, and flawless. I do have three bottles of this stuff, because I'm just too scared to run out. I did actually loose this foundation a couple of months back, and thats when I actually realised I couldn't live without it. So I purchased another one, then found the one I lost. The shade I use is NC15, however, I do have another shade which is more pink toned, so really not my shade, but I do sometimes use it, and mix it in with another foundation. But NC15 is just the best shade match for me. I could ramble on about this foundation forever, but its a full coverage and a matte finish. It's incredible. 



Estee Lauder Daywear BB cream



This is the lightest coverage foundation/BB cream in this post. But its amazing, I just it more in the summer months, however I do use it in the colder months too but just if I want more of a natural look, and I'm not really doing much, I reach for this one. Sometimes I do mix it with another foundation, which is coming soon... 

Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua 


This is the foundation that I mix in with the BB cream, together they just make the perfect shade and give a lovely dewy natural finish. Vitalumiere Aqua, just makes your skin look perfect but it doesn't have a lot of coverage, its a light to medium I would say. It's amazing packaging to travel with. Its expensive, but its Chanel at the end of the day, and it really is incredible. 

No7 Stay Perfect Superlight Foundation 


No7 is a brand that makes foundation easy, they  have a machine which matches your skin tone to the right shade. I am the shade calico, which is a perfect shade for me when I have no fake tan on. I use this foundation more in the summer months, because it is a lighter coverage. But its really light on the skin, and is a very natural finish. 



No7 Stay Perfect Superlight and Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua, are very simular in packaging and in formula. I would say for me, the Chanel is more pigmented, so you don't need as much of it. But I didn't really notice until I was taking these pictures, how similar they actually are! Obviously the No7 foundation is a fraction of the price, so I would say try that one first, see if you like it, then you could try the Chanel one. 

Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hours


Okay, so I think its fair to say I love my highend foundations, but I couldn't leave this one out. I would say this is just my go to drugstore foundation. Rimmel foundations on a whole are very good (apart from my recent review) *sad face*. This is a very full coverage, but its not matte, its more of a satin finish. Its really easy to blend, the colour match isn't too bad, however, it is extremely hard to match yourself in the drugstore. It's a very nice foundation, and excellent for the money.







 ♥
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Helen Marie. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig